Roswell Junior Woman’s Club encourages community involvement, education and social interaction among its members. We are united by a dedication to community improvement through volunteer service.
- Home Life
- Public Issues
RJWC’s annual fundraiser is the Colors Festival of Arts. This event brings art, entertainment food and activities to Roswell’s Historic Town Square each Mother’s Day weekend and has an estimated 15,000 visitors.
- CELEBRATING EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP – This is a scholarship given to one female Roswell high school senior to use for higher education. Two thousand dollars will be awarded to the winning candidate based on academic merit, community service, leadership, and financial need.
- NORTH FULTON CHILD DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION – The CDA provides affordable childcare and early learning programs for children of low-income families in the Roswell area. The RJWC provides assistance to the CDA by helping purchase snack supplies, participating in teacher appreciation events, educational events for the students, providing books for the students, and planting a garden and nature walk at the center.
- NFCC – North Fulton Community Charities’ mission is to prevent homelessness in North Fulton by supporting families in their homes during short-term emergencies. NFCC pools together local resources to assist families with rent, utilities, transportation, food, clothes,medicine and other basic needs. RJWC contributes, monetary donations, food, and school supplies to NFCC and their Food Bank.
- THE ATLANTA NEPHCURE WALK – The NephCure Walk is NephCure’s walking fundraiser designed to raise vital dollars to further their mission of saving kidneys, saving lives. More than a fundraiser, The Nephcure Walk provides support for those lives that have been touched by Nephrotic Syndrome and FSGS while raising awareness in our communities.
- THE DRAKE HOUSE – The Drake Houses offers emergency residential housing for woman and children in North Fulton County. RJWC makes monetary donations and contributes at the annual Miss Mary’s Ice Cream Crankin.
- The Roswell Police Department was presented a check for $1,000 from The Roswell Junior Woman’s Club (RJWC) to sponsor the police department’s Officer Trading Card Program. Initially, 7 officers will receive 1000 cards. The front side will have the name and photograph of the officer, the reverse side will be a brief bio and a personal message. The Trading Card Program is designed to foster a strong relationship with the community, especially our youth, by encouraging the public to learn more about their Police Department’s Officers.
Christmas as Bulloch Hall
The Unity Garden at the CNC
Operation Christmas Child
Roswell Reads Author Reception
and many more.